Riverview Education Foundation Grants
Over $32,000 to the Riverview School District
On November 28, 2017, the Riverview Education Foundation (“REF”) presented a check in the amount of $32,302.38 to the Riverview School District. The funds were awarded as part of the Foundation’s two-step annual grant process, with a second grant period occurring during the month of January 2018.
With the full or partial funding of 21 grants in this cycle, REF donated more than $123,000 to the District during the 2017 calendar year. REF grants provide funding for a wide assortment of programs, materials and equipment that enhance the educational opportunities of students in Riverview schools.
Some of the grants approved in November’s grant night include:
- Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plates for Carnation Elementary.
- BBC Micro:Bits to expand coding instruction to 6th graders at Tolt Middle School.
- Enhancements and improvements to Cedarcrest High School’s Science department.
- Second Step Child Protection Curriculum for use at the elementary level.
- Physical Education Equipment for elementary and middle school usage.
- Math manipulatives and three-dimensional Sum Blox kits for Stillwater Elementary students.
- Books and supplemental reading materials to help assist reading teachers at Tolt Middle School.
The Riverview Education Foundation is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the education of Riverview students. REF grants are funded entirely by donations and from money raised at special events, and all proceeds benefit Riverview schools.
The next fundraising event for the organization is the 2018 “Evening for Education Dinner Auction,” scheduled for Saturday night, January 27, 2018, at the Bellevue Marriott Hotel in Bellevue, Washington.
REF extends its warmest thanks to all the businesses, community members, teachers, students, parents, school district staff, and school board members whose generosity and dedication make these grants possible.
For a full listing of this year’s grants, Foundation events and news, and to find out how you can help support Riverview schools, visit www.REFweb.org/grants.
To register for the upcoming “Evening for Education Dinner Auction,” please visit www.REFweb.org/annual-auction.