CHERRY VALLEY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
26701 NE Cherry Valley Road
Duvall, WA 98019
425-844-4750 FAX 425-844-4752
School Hours - 9:10 AM - 3:30 PM
Principal - Darcy Becker, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cherry Valley Elementary Staff Directory
Click Here for Cherry Valley Elementary School Home Website
Welcome to Cherry Valley Elementary School!
Cherry Valley is a K-5 grade school of 525+ students and 62 staff members. We are very proud of our students, our families and our community. We know you will find that Duvall is a wonderful small town with many opportunities for families to learn and grow together.
At Cherry Valley Elementary, we often use the words "be the best you can be" to help our students understand our expectations. Whether we are talking about our behavior at recess, in the cafeteria, in the classroom, or on a field trip, we want our students to show their best selves and to do their very best work each day.
This year, we are excited about our building remodel and the addition of our new office space and cafeteria. By the start of the 2011-12 school year, each room will be updated with new carpet, paint and cabinets, and our gym, music room, library and new cafeteria/kitchen will be ready for us to use. We'll also have newly paved and expanded parking, a new covered play area, and an expanded front office thanks to our supportive community of voters.
Our common goal is that Cherry Valley is a warm, welcoming and child-focused school where everyone is valued and respected. There is always a place for families and the broader community to invest time, energy and talents on the behalf of all our children. We invite you to join us in our efforts to make Cherry Valley Elementary the very best it can be!
Vision: Students at Cherry Valley Elementary will learn and grow to their highest potential in a safe, cooperative and productive learning environment.
School Improvement Goals 2010-2013
By the Spring of 2013:
- 90% of students will meet the State standards in at least two disciplines of the Arts as measured by OSPI-Developed Assessments, District Assessments, or other administered arts strategies.
- 85% of students will meet the State standards in Mathematics as measured by MSP, MAP and unit assessments from the district-adopted cirriculum.
- 90% of students in grades 3-5 will meet the State standards in Reading, as measured by the MSP, the DRA, and other standardized assessments.
- 85% of students in grades K-5 will meet the State standards in Writing, as measured by the MSP and the District Writing Assessment.
- 65% of 5th grade students will meet the standard regarding the systems strand on the state Science assessment.